50 SUCCESS TIPS FOR STUDENTS: AN INSIGHT TO ACADEMIC
BY: OGUNBIYI AHMED
1. Prioritize your goal of studying: why do you want to study?
• To boost your GPA
• In preparation for examination
• To acquire knowledge
• To counter challenges from colleagues
2. Schedule your activities creating time for daily reading
3. Don’t over read, use the appropriate hours which you can assimilate all you read no matter how small it may be.
4. Know the period you can read to assimilate .
5. Design personal reading timetable and follow it religiously.
6. Read often; do not delay reading till examination period because you may not understand due to exam tension.
7. Make friends with those that will motivate you to read and add value to your academic life.
8. Read to understand and not to memorize.
9. Listen attentively to you lecturers in class.
10. Never hate a lecturer for that will prevent you from knowing the course he is
11 .Make notes from lecturers you receive.
12. Don’t hesitate to ask questions
13. Compare your notes with other brilliant students.
14. Read what you are taught in class daily
15. Study in a quiet environment
16. Free your mind from all worries when you want to read
17. Keep a positive mind set about studying no matter how tough the course may seem to be.
18. Don’t read when you are hungry tired, dozing or having any psychological problem. You won’t assimilate.
19. Keep with you all necessary study materials when you want to read.
20. In your words, summarize all you have read
21. Formulate questions from what you read and answer them and attempt exercises in the textbook (if any).
22. Try to teach others, as it will help you to retain it.
23. Interact with your colleagues about the course by treating all topics.
When examination approaches:
24. Ensure you study all topics treated by the lecturer or the ones they asked you to read.
25. Study past question papers, assignment and tests so as to get the grasp of the format of questions but never restrict you to it.
26. Read the summary you made few days to exam.
27. Avoid sleep prevention drugs. They have negative effects on the brain.
28. Get necessary information and equipment you will use for the exam.
29. Have enough rest a day before the exam
30. Be physically, mentally and psychologically ready for the exam’
31 .On examination day, avoid much noise before going to the examination hall.
In the examination hall:
32. Ensure you are not with anything that can implicate you.
33. Religiously follow all rules and regulation of the examination and that of the invigilator while in hall.
34. Don’t be over confident, read instructions first. It is important.
35.When your mind is not at rest in the examination hall, drop your pen and breathe a lot.
36.Glance through all questions before attempting to answer any.
37. Prepare outline for your answers.
38. While diligently and eligibly. Also provide enough information to your answer.
39. When you are asked to list or mention, don’t be tempted to explain.
40. When you are asked to explain, write everything you know logically.
41 .Never indulge in examination malpractices.
42. When there is more time, do not be tempted to rush your work because your friends are submitting.
43. After writing, cross check your answers if there would be need for editing.
44. Cross all unused pages
45. Ensure you mark attendance before leaving the hall 46.Submit your booklet to the appropriate quarters.
47. Do not bother yourself about the little mistakes you made while answering questions: learn from your mistakes and plan for the next ones.
48. Pray to God for mercy and good result
49. Never sell your textbooks. They will be a useful reference material for you in the future .
Best of luck!!!
“`Lib. Ogunbiyi Ahmed.
PRESIDENT African Liberty students organization“`
Mapoly News Feed
Like us on Facebook. Follow us Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Join our WhatsApp Group and Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest News, Tech News, Media and lot more.