Level: Mid-Senior level
Reports to: Program Director/COO/CEO
The Communications Specialist will lead a team that is responsible for initiating, planning, and managing the Solina’s public communications activities. S/he will be responsible for promoting and expanding the reach and impact of Solina’s activities and knowledge products. These include many forms of general, scientific and social media communication.
· Develop and execute an organizational communications strategy
· Create scientific manuscripts, reports, proposals.
· Source, draft and disseminate timely and regular content for various communication platforms which include: company website, social media platforms, newsletters and annual reports
· In liaison with the Program Managers and Program Directors, carry out frequent media monitoring activities to pick out issues of interest on health policy and prepare timely and accurate responses for pitching to media outlets and sharing on Solina communication platforms
· Take lead in planning and organizing special events to promote Solina program activities
· Lead the development and implementation of a social media strategy for Solina aimed at influencing policy and increasing awareness on International Development issues
· Build the capacity of Solina staff and consultants in developing media friendly information (from technical to non-technical content)
· Identify new and existing public relations initiatives opportunities to promote organizational program activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of a second-class upper degree from a reputable University
· Bachelors in Mass Communication, Public Relations or similar communications discipline
· Further relevant postgraduate academic qualification and commensurate work experience will be an advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· Demonstrate fluency with research writing and communication through technical writing samples
· Familiarity with public discourse (from both government and society viewpoints) on development issues
· Knowledge of current theories and practices in policy research, and the role of free and paid for media
· Keen interest in research-to-policy transition
· Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information
· General ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in non-technical written and oral form
· Specific skills in writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media
· Ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other partners
· Ability to organize and implement training and facilitate group processes
· Ability to plan, manage and work in high-pressure situation under tight deadlines
· Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
· Demonstrates professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
· Excellent knowledge of computer systems, web content management systems, desktop publishing and video/audio editing software
Interested applicant(s) should attach the following in word format and email to email@example.com: a CV, cover letter, degree and professional certificates and NYSC Discharge Certificate in one document. Subject line should be the job position being applied for.
Deadline for submission is Wednesday June 20,2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.