The Head of Human Resources (HHR) will lead the formulation of Solina’s HR strategy and manage execution of its HR operational plan to build and sustain a highly talented and motivated workforce. S/he will be responsible for driving continuous quality improvement of HR operations to facilitate the achievement of the organizations’ strategic objectives.
Level: Mid-Senior level
Reports to: Director of Administration/COO
A. Organizational HR strategy formulation and operational planning
· Understand Solina’s strategic objectives, core competencies and program operations and continually draw its implications for refining the organization’s HR strategy
· Conduct a continuing study of legal frameworks, policies and best practices regarding HR management and guide Solina’s leadership to incorporate these into the organizational strategic thinking and direction
· Lead periodic workforce needs assessments in-line with organizational strategic objectives and changes in Solina’s business environment and identify required competencies
· Lead periodic reviews and refinements of organizational HR policies in-line with organizational strategy
· Develop and monitor annual costed operational plans to drive agreed HR initiatives
B. Core HR operations execution and employee relations
· Establish and manage the organizations talent sourcing and recruitment procedures necessary to sustain a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
· Plan and manage in-house employee training and development programs (including onboarding of new hires), and evaluate the effects on staff capabilities in-line with organizational business goals
· Lead the implementation of the staff performance management system that includes annual personal development goal setting and tracking for all staff; periodically assess staff performance data and propose options for effective redirection (where necessary) in-line with international best practices
· Establish and maintain the organization’s systems for compensation and benefits, including analysis and reviews of relevant competitive market research in collaboration with the Head of Finance
· Lead the implementation of the organization’s occupational health and safety procedures
· Coordinate employee relations and communication activities (using firm-wide meetings, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters etc.) to continually gauge the levels of employee morale and motivation
· Conduct investigations on employee complaints or concerns. Report findings and recommendations to the management team to guide action
C. HR systems optimization and departmental strengthening
· Develop an evaluation framework with clear KPIs to track the effectiveness and efficiency of core HR processes (e.g. speed and cost of recruiting), and drive continuous quality improvement
· Review relevant HR data and prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to review the performance of the department and track the status of HR initiatives
· Supervise the work of HR officers, provide guidance and mentorship to strengthen their competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of a second-class upper degree from a reputable University
· Minimum of a Bachelors in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, or similar discipline. Relevant post-graduate education will be an added advantage
· 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources
· Solid management consulting or HR consulting experience is a plus
· Professional training/certification in HR or active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge of HR best practices, Nigerian labour law and employment legislations
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational management skills and demonstrated ability to lead and develop human resources staff members
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
· Ability to work well under pressure and excels at operating in a fast-paced work environment
· Commendable level of attention to detail and commitment to excellence and quality improvement
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping, and PowerPoint for presentations
Interested applicant(s) should attach the following in word format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org: a CV, cover letter, degree and professional certificates and NYSC Discharge Certificate in one document. Subject line should be the job position being applied for.
Deadline for submission is Monday June 18,2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Your Ads Can always be here.