26 scholarships for COP26
GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future are for students from Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam who want to study at a UK university for a one-year postgraduate course in a climate change-related subject. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and participating UK higher education institutions.
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions:
- Anglia Ruskin University – Turkey (one) and Vietnam (one).
- Cranfield University – Egypt (one) and Turkey (one).
- Royal Agricultural University – Egypt (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University College London – Egypt (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Bristol – Nigeria (one), Pakistan (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Derby – Nigeria (one) and Pakistan (one).
- University of East Anglia – Pakistan (one), Nigeria (one), Turkey (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Edinburgh – Nigeria (one) and Pakistan (one).
- University of Essex – Egypt (one) and Turkey (one)
- University of Glasgow – Pakistan (one) and Turkey (one).
- University of Greenwich – Vietnam (one).
- University of Manchester – Egypt (one) and Nigeria (one).
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a passport holder from one of the following countries: Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- can meet the academic and English language requirements of the UK university you apply to.
GREAT scholars should be:
- motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- willing to share experiences, create content and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future and a spokesperson about climate change
- willing to attend COP26 events upon invitation from the British Council
- willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university website by clicking on the link above for more information and for the subjects available.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Green Careers webinars
You can find out more about how to pursue a career in the green industries in a series of upcoming webinars run by the British Council. Hear from recruitment specifalists, universities and UK Alumni who have gone on to successful careers in this area. The webinars are free to join and are listed on our events page.
Find out more details and sign up.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Join our WhatsApp Group and Telegram Channel. Read more on Latest News, Tech News, Media and lot more.