Mastercard Foundation in collaboration with the University of Cape Town (UCT) is offering over 300 scholarships to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa to study at UCT.
The deadline for submission of applications for the University of Cape Town (UCT) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is 30th September 2020.
*Benefits of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town.*
The scholarships will cover for the following:
Reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing;
An economy class air ticket to Cape Town South Africa for awardees who are
i) citizens and/or residents of an African country other than South Africa or
ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town;
2) Full tuition fees and international student fees;
3) Accommodation in a student residence managed by the UCT Student Housing Admissions and Advocacy Services at UCT;
4) Meals through the student housing system at UCT;
5) Medical cover with a recommended medical aid service provider.
6) A living stipend; to be used to cover ad hoc expenses pertaining to awardees’ studies
7) A book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks required for the degree program;
8) Costs related to community activities as prescribed by The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town;
9) Access to an internship opportunity, career development and job placement assistance;
10) An economy class air ticket home upon completion of studies, for awardees who are i) citizens of and/or residents of an African country other than South Africa or ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town.
Click link to APPLY